Sunday, May 6, 2012

both are doing great!

Lexi and Jack are doing well, I really couldn't ask for things to go any smoother. They eat regularly every 3 hrs and have no complaints in between. With the way things ended with the last litter, I don't think I have to tell you how relieved I am. I am pretty certain they are preemies, how early I'm not sure but would have to be not more than a few days for them to have survived without mama, its unlikely that even with mom they wouldn't have survived if they were more than few days early. They have the gangliest legs and the ugliest rat tails, but man are the sweet. They purr almost as soon as you touch them and are quite affectionate. Due to the prematurity we are not handling them other than to feed, toilet and burp them, I imagine it will be another week before we actually snuggle with them after a a feed. They are eating about 2-2.5oz each in a day which is great news, their appetites are way bigger than they are and it shows in the plump bellies. Lots of pics of them: A close up of sweet Jack's face Photobucket Jack again Photobucket This gives you an idea of their size, this is Lexi Photobucket I have finally agreed to allow my 9 year old help feed them, she needs help getting bottles in their mouths but once they latch on she does great and she loves it Photobucket She has always helped with burping them, here she is with Lexi Photobucket And of course Jack needs to burp as well Photobucket I know tons of pics but it was needed. There will be more to come another day. They are so cute. Who can't resist such sweet and innocent faces. Their weights were great today, soon they will have caught up to where they would have been had they been born on time. I love them already. Weights: Jack was 189G yesterday...today he was 213G a gain of 24G Lexi was 148 yesterday and today she was 161 a gain of 13G not a great gain for her but she exceeded the 10G the recommended daily gain, so I'll take it with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment