Monday, May 7, 2012

a little snuggle time

I decided that since they were doing well, I couldn't wait any longer to give some snuggles to Jack and Lexi. So they got some cuddles today and I wore lexi in my bra for a while before putting her and Jack in my snuggli pouch and carried them around for a couple of hours today. They were nice and warm and seemed to like it in there. Their weight gain wasn't as good as I had hoped this morning, but they still gained. I thought they both felt like they had fevers but I think they are fine, yes their bodies are quite warm but since they have less hair then term kittens its more apparent just how warm kitten bodies are. As well since they are eating so well and very active babies, it might be my nervousness from the last litter heightening my senses in a way that is extreme. I am sure as they continue to thrive and grow these will settle down. Their weights are : Lexi went up about 11G and is now 172 Jack jumped up 14G and is now 227G which I might add is 1/2 of a pound. at 4 weeks old kittens are typically about 1lb, they will be 4 weeks old on Saturday. He won't be a lb but he will be not as far off as I once thought he would be. I put a litter box in their bed today, I don't expect them to use it but it's there for them to check out just in case the mood strikes them, maybe the cut up pee pad with their urine on it will get them using it, maybe not. They are a bit young to be using it but you can never have it ready too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment