Saturday, May 5, 2012

Congratulations, it's twins!!!

Sometime April 14 a mother cat was in a trailor having kittens, she gave birth to 2 little kittens a boy and a girl. Something scared momma off and she abandoned her babies . They were found and taken in by a woman and her daughter. Somewhere along the way they started showing failure to thrive issue, so they were taken to a vet in Snelgrove who took over bottle feeding for a short spell. However a family emergency made her unable to finish the task, Jack and Lexi were returned to their rescuers who were not able to finish the task, which is how they came to be here, in my house, in an infant box, in my living. First off, Lexi and Jack are adorable, but like all rescues they have issues, this time while they are healthy and well fed there is just something odd about them. They look really strange they are soooo tiny, hair is sparse and thin not to mention they kinda look like little aliens. I think these 2 are probably premature babies. Their tails look like rat tails, long, thin with not much hair. This changes thing for me as I have never looked after preemie kittens before. After the sudden loss of Joey, I am really nervous. The prematurity doesn't make me feel any better either. So we are just going to take it hour by hour and see how this unfolds. Both babies are active, eating and such so they are well on their way. Their weights are: Jack 189G Lexi 148G Keep in mind newborns weigh somewhere between 80-130G so these 2 are not much bigger than the biggest of a brand new minutes old kitten. I will get some pictures later on with my trusty coke can to make the tiny size more visiable b/c lets face it, you can't tell much from a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment