Saturday, July 9, 2011

company for the weekend.

I'll get to the company later on in the post.

It's been over 24hrs since Hope has been alone, and at first she really did seem to enjoy it, but today poor baby is so miserable. She doesn't want me to play with her anymore. She did ok this morning. Jillian decided that Hope should go outside with her for a few minutes. So I made a tiny collar and attached a leash to it and told J that cats are not like dogs on leashes, but of course until she saw what I was talking about she didn't understand. When we first put the leash on Hope did great, she was running and playing, chasing J's feet mostly. Then when J thought they should move to a different spot, hope wouldn't follow her, J gave a tiny tug and hope fell on to her side in stubborn mode. LOL. She just flopped over, looked with a look that says "if you think I am going to degrade myself to this leval you clearly are crazy). She was ok when J picked her up and moved her. She was out about 5-10 mins and then I made her come back in. Neither kitten nor girl were impressed with me, but oh well, learning in short spurts works much better than long time spans, not to mention it's pretty darn hot out there today. Since she has come back in Hope is pouty and cross, she is refusing to eat her lunch. I will take her back out in a bit but the fact that she refuses to eat is a little disconcerting to me. Logic says she will eat when she is hungry, she is a smart girl. If she refuses still in about an hr I will have to give her a bottle or something. She is to young to go all day with no food. Since she is weaned I don't think a bottle will be taken as easy as it was last week but we'll see. I think she is just lonely and misses the others.

We had a houseguest delivered this morning. Ryley will be staying with us for the next 24hrs or so while his foster mom is doing work at the holstein rodeo this weekend. From what I understand Ryley was a rescue picked up yesterday. AT first they had thought he had an anal prolapse but the vet says nope, not it...so I think he has something called "anal imperfecta" While it's pretty serious, its something that can be repaired. Ryley's Anus isn't normal, his opening, is quite small, so that poop doesn't pass well or easily. He is on lactulose to soften his stools and watered down canned food to give him the extra water needed to make stools easier to pass. He is a really good boy, he has been in his kennel for part of the day, in my lap for another part and he loves affection. Such a handsome boy as well, grey and oh so soft. I was shocked at how soft he was. He has a big voice and as his foster mom says ..if he feels like he needs more attention he will make lots of "music" for you...she didn't lie or exaggerate, he can be quite loud and vocal lol.

Mouse is doing fabulous, I feel my guard coming down a bit but I keep pulling it back up, he will be one kitten that I will worry about constantly when he is in my home. He gained great and had his first full bath today. Now the bath wasn't my choice, but he was so covered in poop, I didn't see any other way to fix him up. he was so not impressed with me and made sure I knew it. His teeth met my fingers many times, his nails introduced to my skin. But all in all it went ok and he is a clean baby now. He has eaten REALLY well today polished off 1.5oz and he still has at least 3 feeds left before bed time.

His weight was 228 yesterday and today was 247g for a gain of 19g he has been here 16 days days and in total has gained 117g while here, so almost doubled what he came at. Most of that has been all in the last week. Last Saturday he was 166g so in 7 days he has gained 81g...they say 10g a day is typical and should be expected, so if we follow that rule, he is 10G more than he would be expected to be. THIS IS GOOD!!!! and if you count what his lowest was 127g, than it could be said that he also only lost 3g since he has been here..again THIS IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment