Sunday, July 17, 2011

the great escape of 2011

So this morning i needed to run downtown to get bread and milk. I just fed mouse and tucked him into his bed and off we went. We were gone less than an hr, usually he sleeps for 2-3 hrs at a time so I didn't figure there was much to worry about.

When we walked back in the door, I checked on him like I usually do and OMG he wasn't there...his bed was just an empty bed, no mouse, no nobody just his stuffies, blanket, litter but he was gone. I freaked out, there was no way this tiny kitten could have gotten out on his own free will. I called for him, he didn't answer, no mewing, no nothing. I looked for him, couldn't find him. I spent about 10 mins looking for him getting more and more anxious as to where he went. Looked in Ruby's kennel thinking she was snuggling with him but nope he wasn't there either. I let the dogs back into the living room, (they get locked in the kitchen when we go out)..Ruby started sniffing, and scratching the ground and the rolling around..kinda like she does when she rolls in dead things outside (the gross dog that she is). By now I am crying and in such a state. I am sitting on the wondering what the heck happened to my little boy who was fine and there just over an hr ago....then it happens....I feel someone touch my foot, I look down and sure enough there is my mouse. OMG I was so relieved that he was ok. Now the only question that remained was how on earth he got out....so we watched him for the day and it didn't take long for him to show us how.

In his box he has a stuffed dog which he loves dearly and a stuffed bear which he also loves. The little bum figured out that if he stood on the dogs head, and reached up just far enough his front feet would catch the lip of the baby bin. Once his feet were caught on the lip he climbed out. He did this many times today, so now I am forced to use the lid to keep him contained. Who would have thought that such a tiny wee guy (and blind) could figure out such a feat on his own. I was very impressed that he was able to do this. A milestone of sorts, but one that I wish he had of done it while I was here the first time to prevent my near fatal heart attack.

I was finally able to get some pics of Hope sitting still, that almost never happens and when it does it's only b/c she is sleeping lol. She is a bundle of energy and so very playful. I find it rather funny that she can make an amusing toy from just about anything, a piece of paper, a bed tie, a paper bag, a pair of socks etc etc.

She has such a beautiful face, whoever adopts her will be very lucky, on her own she is a great little kitten. Amazing and cuddly and sweet.
Photobucket

This is Mouse being cleaned by Ruby. I guess Ruby's figures he is a really dirty kitten and needed a major face wash. As you can see Mouse doesn't seem to mind one little bit.
Photobucket

A quick video of Mouse trying to entice Ruby to play, Ruby again thinsk he is dirty and just wants to clean him. While Roo isn't impressed with the sharp nails, she tolerates Mouse more than she has any other rescue kitten. She doesn't leave when the nails get to be to much. Ruby I think is a bit smitten with mouse.


and the final pic "kitty hugs" it looks like Mouse might be trying to hug Ruby. I think he is just as smitten as she is.
Photobucket

Ruby has pouted each time a litter has moved on, I suspect she will actually mourn when Mouse leaves to his next phase, which isn't going to be for a while yet, thank goodness b/c she will be totally miserable without a purpose. They always say give your dog a job. No matter how much I tried to do that, she was just never interested....this job she chose on her and this job she is great at, she was meant to be a surrogate mom, even if its to a different species.

I don't have a weight on Mouse, he was so hungry this morning, that I decided that since his gain has been so great that it would be ok to miss 1 weigh in and just have breakfast instead. Not to mention that with hi new found mobility weighing him will so pose a challenge much quicker than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment