Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hope goes to the vet.

Hope had her first set of shots today. She did great at the vet's office and new something was up the minute the vet put a pole of treats down in front of her. She was wise real quick and would have none of it, no amount of bribery was going to give her a reason to be happy about that thermometer that was about to be shoved up her behind. She has a great holler on her though, she wasn't impressed with me, and continue to holler but then Jillian came to make her feel better and instantly she settled and was calm. My daughter might have magical powers.

the vet was thrilled with how she is coming along and I think she was a bit surprised that Hope lived. You might remember Hope got very sick the 2nd day she was me. The vet gave her a/b but basically said "she didn't know and if she was no better in 24 hrs she might not be a savable kitten" that was about a month ago and yet Hope is alive and well and doing very well. It makes me feel really good when something that sick gets healthy and does well and doesn't do what everyone thought she would.

I moved mouse into the bigger room today. I am only going to put him there in the daytime. AT nightime he can sleep in his kitten bed. that way I know he is safe and not scared in such a big space all alone. He still isn't impressed with solid food but today he at least was willing to walk through it, whereas yesterday he wouldn't do that. he will still only eat it if I spoon feed him. I have had to do this with all kittens since they do not see mom eating it, they have no idea that its food. Usually it doesn't take them long to catch on to the idea. I am hoping he catches on soon.

His weight is good. Almost to 1lb. That will be a huge milestone and party worthy for certain.

His weight yesterday was 366g
His weight today was 386g

Both kittens are coming along. Teh next step for Hope is her spay and finding her a forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment