Tuesday, July 5, 2011

pork bellies!

My new nickname for mouse is Porker belly. He came to me so scrawny you could seriously count his little ribs. NOT anymore, his belly is fat and he is filling out quite nicely. Now that he is gaining on a steady basis you can see it. He is pretty particular though, when he takes his bottle he likes t stand and lately he doesn't like the bottoms of his feet to touch anything, and he MUST clutch my thumb or finger between his 2 front paws. If you try to put his feet down he stops eating and hollers at you. He has made a friend with a stuffed dog that I have put in with him, he sleeps on this dog and snuggles up to it.

His weight this morning was awesome, almost at the 200G mark. His eyes are doing a bit better, his good eye seems to be light sensitive and will only open in low light situations. I am hoping this is because of the infection and not something for him to have forever.

The other 3, well what can I say. They are certainly 3 very mischievous little beings. They very much enjoy their 1-2am play sessions, and I have to say they are not very respectful of us humans trying to sleep lol. The gate was a bust, they have figured their way out of that and will be moved back into the kennel. It sucks but they escape so much and have discovered my parrot, I am not so much worried about them hurting him but him hurting them. I have tried to keep them in their area but the 3 just refuse and I need to keep everyone safe.

nothing much to really update tonight. But Mouse went from 179G to 192G this morning, I am getting more and more excited about his weight gains and stand by my word that one day he will be named "moose" instead of mouse :)

No comments:

Post a Comment