Thursday, July 7, 2011

yep, it's an eye!!!

Mouse's bad eye is finally starting to open again, and it appears that HE Does in fact have an eye there. WOOT. I knew all my wishing would pay off eventually.

Since he has been gaining so well, I decided that today he could call the shots on feeding time, he usually was awake every 2.5-3 hrs wanting to eat but that changed a few days ago where I was still getting him up and feeding him. Today he ate more at a time then usual, (almost 1.5oz today so far and he has 2 feeds left before bed) but less often. If his gain is good tomorow I will let him set his own schedule, but if there is little, none or a loss than I go back to being boss.

tomorrow we will say goodbye to Jimmy and Sabrina as they head off to their next homes. My plan is to bathe them to get them all clean and smelling good, so if you hear a cat screaming at the top of its lungs, you will know that Jimmy is having a bath and hates it. Sabrina will scream as well but she just isn't as loud or as persistent as her brother, he NEVER gives up and will scream til he gets what he wants.

Hope will be all alone, and I am a little worried about how she will be, especially at night. I hope she is able to take this time to break her sucking habit and learn to be a nicer cat. Mary told me today that there is someone who thinks that chiropractic medicine might help her, so she will be heading off to see a specailist soon...I'm not sure how I feel about a cat seeing a chiro but if it makes her nicer than it will be worth it and who knows how she was taken from her nest by that woman, it may have been very gentle but it also may have been very rough, so I guess its worth a shot and since the chiro dr will see her for free....

anyway, thats my update.

Mouse weight this morning was 222g...20g up from yesterday WAY TO GROW MOUSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment