Sunday, July 3, 2011

graduation day

for mouse. I have 3 rubber maid bins that are that tall but are great for newborns and sick babies who need to be confined. I have cut the middle out of the lids and attached some screening so they can breathe. Anyway, mouse has been living in one of those for the past while. He is as old as the others but apart from small play sessions with all, I pretty much keep him on his own, just b/c there is no way he can hold his own against a kitty like Hope.

he got me up at 5:50 am screaming his wee head off, I got up to see what the trouble was and discovered that the poor guy had wet his bed so badly that he had nowhere else to lay that was dry. I swear he flooded his bed, everything was soaked. After cleaning him and the bed up, I decided that it was time to move him into my big bin, its about 3.5-ft long and about 2ft high, this will allow space for a a litter box, but will also allow him more space to get away if he wets his bed again. Got it all set up and put him in and OMG he looks so lost, and so small. People have been surprised when they see him in person just how small he is, so I took a pic of a toddlers size 5 slipper and a coke can to give a better idea of his size.

I put him in with the others last night for a short spell, and Sabrina did the best with him, Hope wants to attack him, she was actually stalking him. Jimmy wants to kick him and jump on him and pin the poor bugger down. needless to say the play date was short and sweet. I will probably do this daily until the others go just so mouse gets a little social time with other cats. He wants to join them and he might very well be fine, it's me who has the issues with him and his difficulties against 2 very kittens who have proven to be quite aggressive....Lots of pics today, I have been not so great at posting pics of this litter, my camera is being a pill, so when it finally started working again, I went a bit crazy lol. Sabrina is still super hard to photograph, she doesn't like to be in the limelight.

~*~* pics~*~*~

Mouse in his new bed, see how lost and little he looks?
Photobucket

Mouse with a coke can
Photobucket

Hope has such a pretty colour of blue eyes, I suspect she has Siamese in her due to her face shape and temperament so they may stay this colour, I hope so.
Photobucket

The best shot of Sabrina she would let us get...
Photobucket

Hope and her stalking, chasing, hunting ..


This pic of mouse was just to cute to NOT post.
Photobucket


A rare moment these days but they finally decided to have some nap time.
Photobucket


So there you have it. Mouse only gained 3G in the last day BUT he IS and I suspect this is partly due to all the pooping he did yesterday and the big flood of urine from this morning.

He was 169G

No comments:

Post a Comment