Friday, July 15, 2011

could it be??

We are working on eating solids and litter training, both are going as equally well.
I started 2 days ago with about 1/2 a tsp of canned food mixed with water or formula and trying to convince him that it's yummy. Mouse is no idiot, he doesn't want to eat it any more than I do. He pushed it away, cried and refused to open his mouth. So I gave him a wee bit on a spoon and shoved it in...at first he was disgusted about the new squishy, gooey stuff I was making him swallow, but now he doesn't mind it. He still won't take it on his own, but will now sit there with his mouth open waiting for me to put more in lol....

The litter box..well, thats a whole other story. I just started with this day before yesterday and since he can't smell we used hopes box, in hopes the smell would be strong enough for him to smell it and get the idea of what it was. Poor we lad was horrified, he went from a warm safe loving lap with hugs and snuggles to a plastic box with hard little rocks, what on earth was I thinking subjecting him to such punishment. He would be put in the box and instantly up would come his feet off the ground. He hates the texture. This was going to be a test of which of us is more stubborn. When he finally put his feet down and tried to get out, I put him back...we went on like this for probably 5-6 mins or so, each time i put him back. Both of us gave up so we snuggled for a bit and he went back to bed.

Last night, at bedtime, we did this routine again but for a little longer, low and behold the cheeky monkey peed....I let him put of the box where he promptly pooped in his bed...yeah this wasn't going to be quite as easy as the other 3 litters. Cleaned up the poop and put it in the box.

4:30 this morning he had me up so we went thru the same routine and again it took a while before he went, but he did finally pee in the box (no pictures this time sorry lol). tried a few times this morning and of course he wouldn't perform, so I left him be, he hasn't messed his bed yet so I am hoping he is maybe getting the idea, even just a little bit. Without smell its proving to be a challange, but I believe it can be done. It's a matter of being stubborn and perservering.

His weight was great at 329g am increase of a whopping 25g..I believe this has been his biggest 24hrs gain since he arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment