Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stevie Wonder!!

This is an early update, if anything changes between now and tonight i will post.

I will do hope first since she is so grown up now, she doesn't take up much time or space.

She is still sleeping with Jillian at night, Both of them seem to very happy with their sleeping arrangements. I decided to not mess with it, it's working for both of them. I am trying get some more weight on Hope so she can be spayed then go up for adoption but it isn't easy to make her eat. She doesn't have a huge appetite as it is. I am giving her some sort of calorie boost but that doesn't seem to be helping much yet.

Mouse man is doing awesome, took him for another visit to Mary today, we just hung out on her grass, his first reaction to the grass was quite funny, he wasn't sure about it, I guess b/c while it is a solid surface it probably doesn't feel like it when you weigh so little. He was willing to have a little nibble though and that was impressive, Impressive enough that I think I am going to try him on some solids and see how he does. We figure he is coming up on 5 weeks old and 99% of kittens this age will have already done some experimenting so we'll see. The biggest issue with this is that b/c he is so snotted up he won't be able to smell it, so I am thinking some really smelly foods warmed up to make them stronger will be the best way to go.

He may very well be referred to as Stevie Wonder, I am convinced that Mouse is probably visually impaired, while he may have some vision, it isn't enough to be able to see, I think he can see lights but thats about it. Anyway, he is always looking up at the sky like and waving his head like Stevie wonder does at the piano...it's really very cute, but than again he is totally cute.

His weight didn't go up as much as I had hoped, only 5g or so, it was hard to get an accurate reading this morning b.c he was so darn fidgety, but it looked to be about 282g, which is still a gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment