Saturday, July 2, 2011

sometimes all it takes...

is a little perseverance and a string desire to prove people wrong. Mouse gained another 15G since yesterday. He is now at 166 making him 36 MORE grams than when he arrived just over a week ago looking so scrawny and unloved. Poor wee man has had his issues. Nobody even me thought he would live, but the more people that doubted the more stubborn I became.

I couldn't take it anymore. The 3 bigger kittens being locked in such a small place was breaking my heart. So I spent the $40 for a piece of nice looking white coated wood and made them a better gate. Because it's coated, they won't be able to climb it easily if ever and it's fully washable. There is now only a small space that if they find it could probably fit through. My house is old and things are not exactly square anymore, if ever they were. I am hoping the space is to small for them to find it and try to see if they fit. IF they do, they will have to be returned to the kennel. eventually they will learn how to jump over it but for now they still keep all 4's on the floor.

Tomorrow I plan to NOT offer their bottles in the morning, if they cry and are persistent I won't refuse them but I am hoping they won't miss it. Hope doesn't even suck the bottle anymore, she chews for what she wants, Jimmy is getting to be the same way. Bottles are not as exciting for them as they were last week. Which means we are well on our way to being fully weaned and being "big kitties' instead of newborns. Weaning is very exciting for me as it means that the chance of loss of after weaning goes right down to almost zero.

We are having a thunder storm so I am off for the night but mouse this mornign weighed 166G.

No comments:

Post a Comment